Sunday, July 10, 2011

Grand Mosque, Bahrain

Grand Mosque, Bahrain

I am rather annoyed today by someone special flaking out on me. Twice. Last night and this morning. A couple of months ago I was really upset at a different someone saying they would send me postcards from certain rare countries, and flaking out. I really do not like it when people do this to me. So I am posting this card from someone who didn't flake. (yay!) So now I have a card from Bahrain, which is a comparatively rare country I must say, after all. Thank you Christina!!

The Grand Mosque, more properly Al Fateh Grand Mosque, located in the capital city of Manama, is one of the largest in the world, and the largest in this small country. The dome is made of 60 tons of fiberglass, and 7,000+ worshippers can fit in at once.

Maybe it is easier to get a card from here if you are American and know people in the military, as there seems to be a fairly large base there. This card was sent through military mail, so no stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment