Monday, September 12, 2011

Western Highway



I am a driver on a western highway



from the mountains

Mt. Hood, Oregon, USA

and to the sea

IMG_2328

And there's a song on the western highway saying I will be free.

The sky is fading to the color of the valley
Dust of angels and dust of dreams



Your city lights will shine until tomorrow



but I will not be here.

Your light is brighter than anything I've ever seen.
I hear your voice on every station, singing out of your dream.

By the roadside, the trees are shivering, black and silver in the cool night air



and under the moonlight I hear a song you're singing
saying I will meet you there.

Cannon Beach, Oregon

Here I am on the road again

IMG_2333

The song begins
and in the end
I'll be standing by the sea.

IMG_2334

I am a driver on a western highway
from the mountains and to the sea
and there's a song on the western highway
saying I will be free.

1 comment: