Thursday, September 20, 2012

St. Paul, Minnesota

Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota
Bell Tower at Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota

From the back of the card: "The Bell Tower is a Macalester landmark donated by the classes of 1927 and 1928. The bell itself was used as a fire bell at the Hope Fire Station and a church bell at the House of Hope Presbyterian Church. It was given to Macalester Founder Edward Duffield Neill in 1856."

Macalester is my alma mater. I was just there in June for my 5-year reunion and bought this postcard at the student store. I can tell you that the bell is also rumored to be the "virginity bell." It is said that you ring it after the first time you ...you know... at Macalester. Which reminds me of this video.



I ♥ Macalester so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment